Information and analysis earlier than you hear about it on CNBC and others. Declare your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK, Sept. 24, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Payoneer, the digital fee platform empowering companies around the globe to develop globally, in the present day launched its Freelancing in 2020: An Abundance of Opportunities Report based mostly on an evaluation of funds to freelancers all through the primary half of 2020. The report supplies insights into the impression of COVID-19, revealing that after a short-term slowdown at the beginning of the pandemic, freelancers at the moment are experiencing a surge in demand. The report confirms the outlook of a resilient workforce that maintained its optimism even by means of the instant hunch that occurred initially of the pandemic.
Whereas the world economic system has slowed elsewhere, expert staff are leaping on the freelance bandwagon. Professionals are looking for a extra versatile life-style, with higher independence and recent enterprise alternatives. As know-how continues to advance, corporations and companies worldwide are rapidly adapting to working on-line, in the end attracting extra distant expertise.
Key takeaways from the report embody:
- Again in March 2020, 32% of freelancers shared in a survey that demand for his or her providers had vastly decreased, whereas 53% anticipated demand would increase as soon as the present pandemic subsided. This new evaluation of fee quantity by means of Payoneer in H1, reveals that their optimistic outlook was spot-on.
- Based mostly on the report’s evaluation of funds made to world freelancers, COVID-19 introduced a short-term slowdown, however rebounded with 28% development from Could to June.
- India, a significant hub of outsourcing expertise, noticed an enormous 46% improve in new freelancers from Q1 to Q2, 2020.
- Ukrainian IT corporations equally confirmed resilience, experiencing solely minor impression on their thriving outsourcing economic system all through COVID-19.
- The U.S. freelance economic system continues to flourish regardless of a 11.3% unemployment fee, as newly obtainable expertise turns to the independence of freelancing as a substitute for in search of one other in-house job.
- Pakistan’s gig-economy skilled a surge in new freelancers as a result of authorities intervention with on-line training.
“The primary half of 2020 has been a rollercoaster for the worldwide freelancing economic system. Like many different industries, it felt an impression when the pandemic initially hit, however the rebound has been actually staggering,” stated Jonny Metal, VP of Advertising at Payoneer. “With companies worldwide adapting to a distant workforce, it’s hardly stunning that the idea of versatile, inexpensive, on-demand expert labor now provides much more worth than it did earlier than. The way forward for work is right here. Payoneer stays dedicated to creating much more methods for freelancers, companies and marketplaces to attach and develop in in the present day’s borderless digital world.”
Payoneer connects the world collectively on a single platform, making it as straightforward to do enterprise globally as it’s regionally. By democratizing entry to monetary providers for companies of all sizes, Payoneer is a number one platform connecting freelance marketplaces with their freelancers. Moreover, Payoneer simplifies the best way SMBs worldwide work collectively, all through each developed and rising markets, offering a spread of economic providers that assist them to develop and reach in the present day’s borderless digital world.
About Payoneer:Payoneer’s mission is to empower companies to transcend – past borders, limits and expectations. In in the present day’s digital world, Payoneer permits any enterprise of any measurement from wherever to entry new financial alternatives by making it potential to transact as simply globally as they do regionally.
Payoneer’s digital platform streamlines world commerce for hundreds of thousands of small companies, marketplaces and enterprises from 200 nations and territories. Leveraging its sturdy know-how, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a collection of providers that features cross-border funds, working capital, tax options, service provider providers and danger administration. Powering development for purchasers starting from aspiring entrepreneurs in rising markets to the world’s main digital manufacturers like Airbnb, Amazon, Google, Upwork and Walmart, Payoneer makes world commerce straightforward and safe. Based in 2005, Payoneer is worthwhile and has a staff based mostly all around the globe.
Payoneer – one world, one platform, infinite alternative.www.payoneer.com
Contact: Cori KendrickPayoneer@pancomm.com301 904 8435